Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 5: Ian Yaple hooks it up. accordian style.

Left at 7:30 this morning, even though I said I'd get up at 4. It was definitely not bright out at 4. I don't know what I was thinking. I saw the weirdest dead animal on the side of the road. I dont even know how to explain it. It was like a 40 pound a.sloth, b.pokemon, or c.el chupacabra. Stopped at 10 for lunch not realizing it was wayyy too early for lunch. Today was such an in-the-zone day. It was beautiful outside and it clearly affected how many miles I was able to do. The goal today was 154 miles. I hit 100 around 4:30. Couldn't believe it. I keep seeing as these fresh fruit and veggie stands a long the way and I need to make a point to stop at some of them on the way back to Boston. I didn't take a lot of pictures or post a lot of things because I was so focused on getting to batavia. I was 17 miles out when my phone batteries were completely drained, so Ian drove down from the hotel he's staying at to pick me up. We jammed a bit with some guitar and accordian and I ate a huge pasta dinner, salad bar, all the good stuff. Had a yuengling. They have happy hour here too?! Haha the thought of that just seems so goofy.

Here are some highlights of the day because I'm tired and can't think of what else to say right now...
-saw an old guy in really high shorts and a fishing hat leaf-blowing his driveway, in the middle of the summer
-some kid tried to race me on his bike. He failed.
-woman that worked at a 711 in Rochester could not understand why I was biking to Toronto.
-I've never seen so many corn fields in my life
-I got sunburned cause I can't reach my back. I knew that was gonna happen.
-I've had such little communication with people for the last 5 days that I almost forget how to have a conversation. I'm pretty sure I'm just really exhausted and that's why too.

129 miles to Toronto. If I can't reach it I'll bunk up in Hamilton for the night. I've learned that I shouldn't say I'm going to get somewhere because things always change and there's no way to predict any of it. But being so close, I plan I getting there no matter what.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment