Tuesday, August 16, 2011

day 4: rest

Biked from schuyler, ny to utica today to get my bike fixed, which turned out being something I totally could've done on my own. After my crash last night my handlebars were crooked and even after we fixed them today I notices that the left side of the handlebar is even so slightly bent inward to the point where you would hardly notice...unless you were me. So, all is well. My left leg hurts a bit when I walk but when I ride its totally fine. Biked the 14 miles from utica to Rome where my friend Dan hale's parents angie and bob put me up for the night, fed me lasagna, beef, potatoes, and creamed corn. I also ate a sleeve of reeses pieces, like, 8 reeses, because I like them. This whole trip makes me eat 4 times the amount I normally eat because I'm burning so many calories. Thousands of them. Gone. Burnt. Spent. Went to a Rite Aid today to stalk up on candy because it has a bunch of carbs. Basically, 40% dv per box. Swedish fish. Gully jolly rancher things. They're my desert after I eat the same old cliff bars over and over again. Today was a by to recoup after the 20+ hours of rain riding. Tomorrow I wake at 4am to set sail on a 150 trip to batavia to meet up with my friend Ian who I met when I played with The Arkham White. After last nights fantastic, bloody, and stupid night riding, I'm never doing that again. 15 hours to do 150 miles. That's my estimate, and I'm sticking to it. Seriously though...we'll see what happens. Also, enjoy that picture of Dan Hale I found on a nightstand in his parents house. What a little jerk.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. Woo shout outs! Give Ian a noogie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you calling him a jerk, that's not nice, he looks so handsome! Especially if his Mom put you up for the night.
    Leo's Mom

    ReplyDelete